Why was the Voter ID Card selected in India – The Election Commission of India provides online voter registration for citizens above 18 years of age. Because as of now, every citizen has to have a voter id card to prove himself a citizen of India. And the best thing is that the voter id is used to vote. And nowadays the voter id card is being applied online. An Indian can nominate himself as a general voter and can fill his registration by filling Form 6 online on the National Voter Service Portal.
In order to cast a vote for the candidate of India, he/she must have a voter ID card which is also known as the elector’s photo ID or voter id card.
Voter ID Card Online Registration For Citizens
Apply Voter Id Card Step By Step
- First of all, you have to visit this link by clicking on https://www.nvsp.in/
2. After that, for the registration of new voter, first of all, you have to log in the account, if you do not have an account, then you have to create and log in by creating an account, after that you have to click on the form and select the form 6 and click on it. The interface will appear.
3. After that, select your state and your assembly / parliamentary constituency and then file your personal details.
4.After that enter your details in which the member has to
- Age and date of birth Know
- Details of family members who are already enrolled in the electoral rolls.
5. After that, the current address of the applicant has to be filled. Any field that is marked with red color is mandatory, it has to be filled.
6. After that you have to upload supporting documents:
7. After that you will get the form of a Ghosha Patra, after reading it correctly and checking all the details correctly, fill your place and date to fill the form. You can save your filled form and continue later. If you have completed your form, you can click submit.
Documents Required For Online Registration of Voter ID
- utility bill
- Latest bank statement
- Pan Card
- passport copy
- driving license
- Government-issued service card
- Public sector bank passbook
- Rental/lease agreement or property document with deed and photograph
- Branch license
- SC / ST / OBC official documents
- Railway identity card
- Student identification card
- Document for a physical barrier
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Pension documents etc.
Proof of Age:
- SSL Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- Any other appropriate document that specifies your age.
Two Recent Passport Size Photos:
This photo will appear on the Elector’s photo ID. The photo must be taken in less than six months before submission.